Friday, May 22, 2009

My First Day On the Job!

Yesterday was my first day on the job! (Mrs.Love had to move it ahead because Thursday was better for her.)

I woke with gusto at seven, hopped in and out of the shower, put my hair up, put on makeup, and ate - all before 8:40. Just for the record, I wore my ATF t-shirt from the first year, jeans, and my polished paddock boots. Mrs. Love noticed the boots and said that they looked almost newer than her new ones! *lol*
Mom dropped me off at exactly 9 am and left soon afterward. Mrs. Love ran over what I was gonna be shown today and then left for Heinen's to pick up some stuff for the stable's fridge. Karen (the stable manager) and I worked on mucking out all seven of the stalls while she was gone, and we each told the other about how we had found the farm and our families the Bryer horses we played with as little kids. I thought it was funny that we each kept our horses in their own stable, with their own information sheet hanging on the stable door! *lol*
I visited with each of the real horses. I know all their names now:

Botchie ( short for something - I don't know what)
Relly (short for Relentless Love)
Wildfire (known as WiFi, *lol* )
Whitney ( or Whit )
Rondevous (I don't know his nickname)

and Chloe and Jimmy, two boarding jumpers.

When Mrs. Love came back, Karen and I where having lunch. As soon as she had dropped off the stuff, she visited and then had to leave for a hair cut. So then, Karen went over how to groom WiFi and all that fun stuff. I love that mare! I can hug her around the neck just like I do with Max, and she just soaks it all in! So we did that, and then headed to the tack room and started cleaning the tack. We then talked allot about our past riding teachers. As I was cleaning up a saddle, Mrs. Love returned in breeches, a riding shirt, and paddock boots. I felt really dorky in my dusty jeans and boots. This week is when Mum and I will get my helmet and breeches, woohoo! I left with Mrs. L and she lead Whitney out of her stall and down the hall where the baths, grooming, and tacking up take place. We tied her up to the leads on the wall and groomed Whitney within and inch of her life. I picked out her hoofs and then Mrs. Love showed me how to tack her up. Then we went out to the indoor riding arena and Mrs. L put the mare on the lunge lead and I watched from a distance.
After about a half and an hour of that,we took her back inside and hosed her down and picked out her hoofs again. Then mom showed up to take me home to a much needed shower and dinner. : )

Next week, I'll begin to ride. Hopefully Mom can get some pics and I'll post 'em.

Toodles - Hanna liz

4 comments:

Jen said...

I was so excited for you when I dropped you off! Then, I spent the rest of the day watching the clock for you to come home. I missed you, but am really glad you had fun.

Lvoe you,
Muver

runnergirl© said...

That is so good.
I will continue to pray for you...and can't wait to see those pictures. (: plus, I am working on the post RIGHT NOW Piglet. lol

love you tons, Tigger.

runnergirl© said...

yay piglet~

I'm happy that you like the pics, and I couldn't figure out what you were doing in that one pic-telling me to be quiet? lol...

~Tigger.

♥Miss Writer said...

WOW! I am so happy for you! This is such a cool thing for you to be doing! WOW!

Luv ya Doll,
Kels