Monday, June 1, 2009

What Big Sisters Are For....

Well, I got out of the shower this morning, and Lele told me that Nate's little rainbow crab that he just got a few weeks ago had died. He named him Pepper (because he thought that it sounded cute), and loved the thing to his bone. I don't know if they actually have bones, I was just using the expression. =] Anyway, I looked out of the front window and saw Nate digging a tiny hole by one of the trees by the road. Mom told me that he had cried, but just a teeny bit. I felt really bad for Nate, and we where soon all gathered around my bro and helped him out. Yes, I did catch myself wrestling with my pride, and threw a few cautious glances behind me toward the road. But then I stopped and thought, this is my brother who just lost his first pet, and is sad. If I had lost Gilbert, would my brother and sisters all stand around and refuse to help me feel better? No, of course not! Therefor, I stayed and hugged little bro and even put some flowers on the crabs grave. Yes, I felt dorky, but I think that I did the right thing. What are big sisters for, right?

Later Nate and Mum are going to the pet store to get two female crabs, of which Nater has already named Sarah and Liz.

- Hanna Liz Y

4 comments:

miss_lep said...

Poor Nathan! So sad! You did a great big sis thing!

grandma reggie said...

Hanna, I am so proud of the growth I see in you. Love you

runnergirl© said...

Piglet~

Sorry I haven't left a comment. Just wanted to know that I have been frequently reading, and I hope you are doing the same for me since I have been trying to post more often! haaahah. =]

I feel bad for Nathan! but, good job at being so supportive. (now I sound like a mum)...

~love you tons; Tigger

♥Miss Writer said...

What a good Sis you are. It's hard to do the right thing, and I am proud of you. I miss you Darling!

~Kels