Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nate!

Happy 12th Birthday, Nathan!
I love my bro since the day I first held him in the hospital.
We have a video of me (I was 3 at the time) and Nate just hours after he
came, and I was this brown-eyed, curly-curly haired kid, with a pillow on my lap and a blonde, chubby baby boy. My pudgy hands touched his face, his even tinier hands, his nose, his head, as I looked at him with wonder at this little boy I was told was my very own brother. In the video, I look at him squarely in the face and ask, demanding: "Do you want to be my brother?" Then I look up and say, in a loud voice with bundles of giggles: "He's my own brother!"
When he started crying in my lap, Grandma Sherry tells me that: "He'll do that sometimes..."
This sentence is followed my a very abrupt sob out of me and I hand the baby back and cry:
"Mommy! The baby is crying!"
Now, like then, I still am sad when the now tween cries. I might get terribly embarrassed or mad at the kid, but he is still my "Very own brother" and deep down I love him very much.
So, happy 12th birthday, Nate! Don't grow up too fast, Baby Bro.
-Hanna Y

3 comments:

Bina said...

aww, thell him happy bestest birthday nate!!!!!!
o and hanna if u want i can give you my mp3 player sunday and you can borrow it, or i can make you a copy of the cd, if you want, just let me know.
-sabrina-

miss_lep said...

Cute story! :)

Bina said...

hey just thought anout this: Nat will be coming to youth group next year! You have a whole to get used to that thought while I have like a month to count down the days!