Friday, April 30, 2010

Best Lesson Ever!

Ahhhhh..... Total summer weather out! I have no idea how hot it is but it's HOT. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder and with a chance of more rain. What joy. I'm supposed to go ride at Anna R's tomorrow so hopefully it will hold out long enough for us.

Speaking of that, Mondays lesson was the best lesson with the most progress that I've ever made in one day! I trotted some and had some good spots where I got many encouragements from Anna and her mom and Mrs.L on how we looked ("we" as in "me and Buttons").
Later I decided to canter a few times. Mrs.Rupel cantered Kurant int front of me a few times to help Buttons get going. See, Buttons is a driving pony so she is better at the canter if there are other horses doing the same thing. Anyway, we cantered and it was SO FUN! A couple times Mrs. Rupel and I cantered side by side and that was the best part.

Mrs.L and I where so happy at the progress that I had made. We gave each other high-fives and laughed and smiled. At the end of the lesson I said: "I feel like I've won a battle!"
I had.

-Hanna

No comments: