Monday, April 5, 2010

A New Experience ....

Today is another post about horses. My lesson anyway.

The R's came again with their horses, Kurant and Buttons. I rode Buttons again because that's the horse I'll be showing this summer and I need to get in as much riding time as possible. So I trotted her mostly and tried to get her to stay on the rail but hard as I tried I couldn't get her to stay there. This little pony has the uncanny knack of turning against you in the opposite direction when you need to go somewhere else. It makes it very difficult for me to handle when whoever is on the ground watching and giving me directions gets agitated that I'm not where I'm supposed to be. I hate to argue with them even when it's not my fault but I also don't like people to think that I'm a rebellious little teenager. Because I'm not.

Yeah so, towards the end I cantered a couple of times and then the R's needed to leave so we took a few more minutes to do something that I had never done before and found that I immensely enjoyed. We took the horses outside and rode them over to Mrs.L's pond. It was lovely. Not too hot and not to cold and we sat and the horses ate grass and we talked. It was thrilling to give Buttons her head while she inched her way down an embankment and to stand in the stirrups while she walked up another embankment. I want to do it again and again. I'm going on Friday to ride Buttons with Mrs.R and Mrs.L so hopefully we can!

-Hanna

No comments: