Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today and Why I'm Not @ Church...

Hi!
Guess whats going on at my house. Let's see. Last night was the Progressive Dinner for my youth group (a.k.a.-Generation). The dessert was at our house. We had a lot of fun, we played Five Fingers two times in a row and I was out very quickly because the boys where beating us down. Josh won though, because he got Aaron's last finger by saying: "Never have I ever worn a Quick Silver sweater." And then Aaron tried to defend himself because he didn't wanna loose.
Anyway, we all talked till like 11:30 and then people started heading home. I got in bed at 11:50. *Ouch!* That was a real blow when I woke up to Leah snoring...again. For some reason my head was messed up because I was half asleep and I thought I had been up all night when I looked at the clock and it read 4:00. So then I tried putting a pillow on Leah's head. Didn't work. So then I tried putting a pillow on my head too. Didn't work. So now I was crying. I took my little plastic box of earplugs into the bathroom and prayed that God would put me to sleep. I also stuffed in a pair of new earplugs cuz I figured the old ones where done. I got back in bed and fell asleep. Thank goodness. Now mind you, we had to be to church at nine because Mom was singing and Dad was doing sound. My alarm was set for 7:00 and I had to push snooze. So I did. Then after the snooze alarm went off I just turned the alarm off altogether. *lol* I decided I would just sleep ten more minutes. When I turned back over...it was 8:30!!!! I only had a half an hour to get ready! For those of you who know me really well will remember that I was the girl who was in the shower when Mrs. Rogers (youth pastors wife) was yelling at me through the door that we had to leave the hotel in five minutes. Yeah. I go rushing down the stairs practically crying cuz I was low on sleep and I have done this before. When I go down stairs I loom for Mom all over the house. And Dad sees me and asks what I was looking for. Then when I figured out what me problem was he said: "Church. We are not going." What! Why not? "Rilla was sick this morning and up-chucked twice." Good grief. The kids where supposed to go to the children's Christmas party today while Mom and Dad and I went to go Christmas shopping, have lunch and see Bolt. I wanted to cry. I did for a minute. Mom and I where going to make up for Dad's birthday today because his birthday yesterday turned out to be a really lousy one. He cleaned the church for most of it. = (
So that has been today up till now. Pray for me that I will learn to be content. Because I'm not. I was really looking forward to today and now it is not happening. Mom and Dad and I haven't gone out all the three of us since the first Narnia movie came out. That was two years ago. You could pray for Rilla too. She feels nasty.
Toodles- A Trying-to-Be-Content Hanna Y

6 comments:

runnergirl© said...

Hey Piglet-

I missed you terribly at church. it rained a little after and my skirt got wet. close enough to a petty coat, right? XD.
hopefully you or anyone else, (ahem, me) will be catching the bug that rilla has. I do hope that she gets better by the way.

I'm sorry your plans didn't work out. but, you amaze me! I will be praying for you so you can be content! Sometimes I feel the same way. Next time, I will be praying for optimism! =]

I love you so much, and I will see you next week. Hey! the Christmas service! can't wait, so GET SOME SLEEP and be Piglet. I don't want to see you cry. :}

-Tigger.

The Girl Next Door said...

Hi Hanna!

I like that picture of you and your dad. You look sooo different in that picture compared to now! And I almost forgot how long your hair used to be! It sure is pretty (and it still is too!!)!! =D

I missed you at church today. Sorry your day didn't turn out to be what you had hoped. And I will definitely be praying for you and Rilla. =)

Oh and I almost forgot...
Happy Birthday Mr.G!!! =D

-Ash

miss_lep said...

I understand how that goes when things don't work out. We all had a good time at your house last night! Have a good week, hope you get some better sleep! I woke up this morning to hear a crying noise then lauging. I got sent a text messege a few minutes later. I didn't read it until I woke up a few hours later. here tim was video taping himself fake crying with my mom's phone and sent the message to me at six in the morning!

♥Miss Writer said...

I missed you at Pearls..WE NEED TO get together for a GNO!!! Like seriously. lol.

I miss my writer-friend!!!!

~Kelsey~

Bina said...

hey,
i was wondering where u all were. I'm sry bout yr sis, I hope she gets better, and u're sister will stop snoring so u can get to sleep. So anyways there wasnt any yg, and there wont b 4 next week either. :(!!!!!!!! and i was g2 bring my songs 2, but know i dont remember where i put it, g2g 2 biology, c u l8r. Ta im at the computer at school!!!!
Bye,
-Sabrina-

Anonymous said...

och yeah i had the same thing that's y i wasn't at church lol

H.l