Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello Again! Goodby Again! (I know it dosn't have anything to do with the post but nothing els came up.)

Well I know this: I obviously look 'adorable in pink'! OMG, you guys are not making this easy for me. That's ok. No it's not. lol

Last night I went to bed at 11 and was awaken (rudely I might add) by my dear father and then again by Lydia between 7 and 7:30. That was a killer.
The reason for my bedtime: Pride and Prejudice. YYY I love that series! We have the BBC version on DVD and VHS. I was watching the VHS because our tv (mine and Lele's) doesn't have a DVD player. Crud.
However! It is ssssssssssooooooooooooo better thain nothing at all. See? I really can have a good outlook on life! LOL Anyway Jeniffer Ehle plays Elizabeth and Collin Firth playes Mr Darcy. He is so good!!! I like Elizabeth too but Mr Darcy has this thing where he is very quiet and prideful and...oh never mind. I think you get the pic. I love the movie. Mind you: I like the BBC version. Not the new one. They did not do the story justice. Sorry if you like it. The only commendation I can give them is that Jane was in fact much more prettier than Elizabeth. My mom and I saw the movie Becoming Jane and it is basically about how Jane Austen 'found' herself. Does anyone remember how Lydia (Not mine, this is Elizabeth's sis) ran of with Wickham? Well Jane A. got the idea for that because of an 'almost elopement' with a young man as well. And get this: the guy who plays the young man is James McAvey! Yeah, Mr Tumnus! I was ssssssssooooo happy! And when Mom and I where watching the movie Jane Aher the little Jane is Georgie Henly!!!!!!! YES, LUCY!!!! Oh yes, I am a Narnia Geek! lol

G2G!
YYYYYYYYYYY-Hanna (the Narnia Geek!...lol)

6 comments:

runnergirl© said...

Piglet,
I agree with you that the BBC version is so much better! Ironic how we both just watched it. lmao. :)
I missed you guys at youth group soooo bad too. =[
-Tigger

miss_lep said...

I enjoy watching as well! its like we are all in a club! lol! You can't forget the amazing acting by the people who play Mrs. Benett and Mr. Collins without them the story just wouldn't be funny!
I didn't really like Becoming Jane, I've seen better movies.

The Girl Next Door said...

well, i'm sorry to brake it to ya guys...but...i don't really like pride and prejudice. Sorry, it's just not my kind of movie. I need movies with lots and lots of action! lol

-Ashley

write_it_longhand said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, hanna. i know exactly how that feels, and how hostile you can start to feel in turn.
like i said, i've never seen the BBC version. i probably will, but i want to read the book first. i had the man who owns GranFallon order it for me, so we'll see what i think. i just don't like jane austen's mentality that life before marriage is about finding someone to marry.

Lisa said...

I love Pride and Prejudice too - sorry Ash. ;) Now I'm in the mood to watch it again!

I haven't seen Becoming Jane though I do have it in my Netflix queue. (That means I plan on getting it.)

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen becoming jane yet so i can't say anything lol.........but i want to see it ..well gtg ...night

Hannah